Tatt, Helgrim, Splack, Xelpho, Yik Yik
Gnarl and Maximillion went to follow a different lead - and went to see the sealions at the beach. The rest of the party continued into the cave...
- Specters were fighting something un-seen in the air, but were perfectly willing to turn on the characters. As they finished the specters, the odd trasnsparent tentacles that had facinated the undead grabbed the characters and drew them inside it.
- a giant twisting shell that looked more like a tower made of horn (or shell). There were short stump goblins who attacked them. As they died - the last one made a grave warning to the party:
- You are trapped here – like we were. You will breath the air and watch the space shrink around you. You will know there are doors above that you will never reach – unless you shrink to do the things a sane person would not do. You must sacrifice someone or power and love to the pool – and then you can find a way to destiny again.
- Keemara was manacled in the chamber above. She was sitting in a strange pool of quciksilver that was eating away at her life and body. the party killed a bunch of salt encrusted jellyfish to get to her. Thank goodness for Xelpho's wide fire blast - which took out many before they could attack.
- the pool had a strange series of puzzel/traps on it. standing on a plate to open a hatch. strange beating heart vales - that Splack stuck his finger in - thus causing the quicksilver pool to harden into needles and cut Keemara. After a lot of experimenting - yikyik finally got the vaulves to slow. Tatt used a bell of opening, and Keemara got free.
- the pressure in the space changed. The top of the shell tower was fossilizing! Like a glacier creeping down - it was swallowing the high chambers and filling with a compacted stone. This was an odd creature/space.
- They quickly made their way to the third floor, where there were doorways to escape. fleeing against the dropping ceiling - they recognized a number of odd places - No-where, the skyscar cracking, a Primordial planet scape. Keemara assured the group that the dragons could get to the beginning -and the party ducked through the space.
- the breathable air was thin, and filled with caustic gases. The sky was filled with starlight. The dragons came quickly - Brinstone, Karrac and Garnet (Timer). With little air, they loaded up quickly and had to make big gulping time jumps on the planet before recorded history. Fortunately, Timer was an excellent guide. the party arrived home.